Thanksgiving is literally here guys! I am so excited for the holiday and mostly because I get to take days and just spend time with my loved ones! So with the holiday coming, there will be lots of cooking in my kitchen. I haven’t had the time to pick out my outfit like I would normally do! But I know I will be running back and forth in the kitchen cooking and eating the food while I am cooking it haha. I plan to still look nice but comfortable and effortless.
So today I want to share with you guys how I get ready in less than ten minutes without touching up throughout the day. This method have helped me to get out of the door to go to work in the morning without being late, or just on the go running errands on the weekend. With Thanksgiving cooking, I will be in the kitchen a lot, and if you wear makeup, you know the hassle of having to touch up throughout the day, your face gets oily etc. All the things I do not want to deal with.
I have always loved not wearing so much makeup because my face is super sensitive to so many products. I would end up being super red, and break out. So I love to keep my makeup to a minimum. The only time I wear more makeup than my daily routine is when I am out doing a photoshoot and right after that I would wash it all of. I have the tendency of touching my face a lot and end up smudging my makeup so if I don’t have any on, it will save me the hassle of fixing my makeup!
Now let’s get to this ten minutes routine!
1. To get ready, I wash my face with Neutrogena; I love this brand so much! I have always used their products. I have tried so many face wash products and find that my skin works best with Neutrogena. It doesn’t make my face dry and it leaves me with a clean face. If you have oily skin like me, these products work great! They are affordable too!
2. After washing my face, I pat dry with a towel. I then apply a basic moisturizer to make sure my skin is hydrated. I find that Cetaphil brand is reliable when it comes to hydrating your skin. It also keeps your skin from breaking out! So for nighttime, I will use their normal moisturizer, but in the morning, I use their sunscreen moisturizer to protect my face from the sunlight. This brand is recommended from many dermatologists I’ve had. Something I learned from my dermatologist is that using a moisturizer that is non-comedogenic is really good for your pores. That means that product is specifically formulated to not block pores. You can find this product at CVS, Target, Wal-Mart or deliver it right to your door from buying it online.
3. I tend to not get enough sleep throughout the night. So sometimes, I wake up with puffy eyes and bags under them. So here’s my trick for you guys that I find useful. I would take an ice cube and just glide it under my eyes for about 20-30 seconds in the morning. It also wakes up my sleepy self. I then use the Puff Off from Benefit. You can find them at Ulta or Sephora. I tend to just get mine at Sephora because I live really close to one. There is plenty of other under eye solution but I only have tried this one. What do you guys use? It is helpful? Let me know below.
4. After all of that, I apply my liquid eyeliner. I love great liquid eyeliner so this is a must on my list because I wear it pretty much everyday! I use the Milani brand liquid eyeliner the most. Someday, I would use the Revlon liquid eyeliner. It really depends on which one I grab first. I love felt tip eyeliner because it is so easy to put on. Also, I do have a waterproof one as well for those rainy days! You don’t want your makeup to run! So for those beginners out there, this is your eyeliner! I tend never switch up my “cat” eye liner because I really love how it makes my eyes look. I find it a fun and daring look to have “cat” eyes. I am a creature of habit, once I find something that works, I tend to not change it up. Although, I should once in a while learn how to play around with makeup. Someone teach me!?
5. After applying the eyeliner, I curl my lashes. Some days I prefer not to wear mascara but some days I do use it. I have two favorite brands, Covergirl and Maybeline.
6. Can’t forget the lips! I always make sure my lips stays moisturize. Who wants chapped lips? That way you can always be ready to kiss that special someone 🙂 I use Vaseline, before bed and after I wake up in the morning, throughout the day I would apply my lip balm. Some of my favorites that I use are Nivea, EOS, Blistex. And if these products have SPF, it is a plus in my book!
7. Sometimes I like to add some color to my lips to make it pop! Here are some of my favorites that I use.
8. I like to add shimmer and/or highlighter to my cheekbones and some days I don’t use it often. I often switch on and off with these products.
9. Here is one last secret, if I am lazy in the morning to add some define curls to my hair, I would braid my hair at night and wake up in the morning with wavy/curly hair. That way it is curling your hair without heat! If not, I would curl my hair using my YOUcurl from Conair. It is actually my favorite hair curler. My hair would stay curly for days!
That wasn’t bad, was it? I know it looks like a lot but this routine is so fast and you will still look great while keeping your skin hydrated.
In addition to this routine I have, I have added a DollUp Case, it is such a handy case to use to organize your makeup to take with me on the go. I use it to store my lipsticks, eyeliner, eye shadows, shimmers, etc. Check it out here if you are interested!
What is your daily routine? Share with me below and leave me your thoughts, ideas and/or advice below! I would love to hear it all!
Love Linh! Enjoy Thanksgiving (for those in US) and I will catch up with you all after!